PIC18F2xK42

hwnews konference hwnews na cncnet.info
Středa Únor 28 11:25:48 CET 2018

no to bude jeste neco...kolega z fora na MikroE se do supportu trosku oprel"

filip wrote:
Yes, you are right, the strncmp does not work correctly, I will report this
to our developers.
===
To save others disappointment - most of the String library won't work with
K42 processors. Large part of Conversions will also be useless as well as
many of routines that use indirect addressing in other libraries.

Quote:
Thank you for your explanation of the issue, apparently there are some
things that needs to be fixed for this family.
I gather, you're not in a position to draw any timeline for these fixes...
:(
=====
Just in case developers miss these things (when they'll have time for it) -
compiler overuses MOVFFL instruction (even in assembly insert 2-word
instruction MOVFF is always converted to 3-word MOVFFL) and doesn't notice
that many SFRs are in access bank (for example, RAM bank is switched almost
every time the STATUS register is involved). Lots of unneeded code is
produced this way. And simulator does not emulate mentioned MOVFFL
instruction, thus making simulation pointless.