edizon na seznam.cz

Jirka zaloha na volny.cz
Pátek Březen 4 17:09:59 CET 2016

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nixie_tube :

"The name Nixie was derived by Burroughs from "NIX I", an abbreviation
of "Numeric Indicator eXperimental No. 1",[6] although this may have
been a backronym designed to evoke a mythical creature. Hundreds of
variations of this design were manufactured by many firms, from the
1950s until the 1990s. The Burroughs Corporation introduced "Nixie" and
owned the name Nixie as a trademark. Nixie-like displays made by other
firms had trademarked names including Digitron, Inditron and Numicator.
A proper generic term is cold cathode neon readout tube, though the
phrase Nixie tube quickly entered the vernacular as a generic name."

--
Jirka