mezi zidli a klavesnici

Milan B. milan na bastl.sk
Sobota Únor 25 20:59:34 CET 2012

On 25.2.2012 20:30, Ales Prochaska wrote:
> Ne, na vine jsou Kernighan s Ritchiem. Lidi delaji chyby a kvalitni
> programovaci jazyk je k tomu nesmi navadet :-)

To ako napriklad ADA?

ADA bola na smiech uz v roku 1984:

The quest for the Stone is based on the assumption that our "programming
tools" are too weak. One example is the belief that current programming
languages lack the "features" we need. PL/I was one of the more
spectacular would-be stones produced. I still remember the advertisement
in Datamation,1968, in which a smiling Susie Mayer announces in full
colour that she has solved all her programming problems by switching to
PL/I. It was only too foreseeable that, a few years later, poor Susie
Mayer would smile no longer. Needless to say, the quest went on and in
due time a next would-be stone was produced in the form of Ada (behind
the Iron Curtain perceptively referred to as PL/II). Even the most
elementary astrology for beginners suffices to predict that Ada will not
be the last stone of this type.

Ada will not meet its major objective, viz. that of reducing software
costs by standardization, and it will not be the vehicle for programs we
can rely upon, for it is so complicated that it defies the unambiguous
definition that is essential for these purposes. Long before the design
was frozen, computing scientists from all over the world have given
plenty of warning but the political body in question preferred to ignore
these warnings and to decide on a design that cannot be salvaged. From a
scientific point of view all further attention paid to Ada is a waste of
effort. But the sheer buying-power of the DoD makes Ada an undeniable
reality, which in combination with DARPA's policies for the funding of
software research can only increase the pressure to spend research
effort on the wrong problems.

(EWD898, 1984)

-m-