Maximalni velikost disku ve win XP

J. Polivka jpolivka@mbox.vol.cz
Pondělí Listopad 20 11:09:27 CET 2006

Vytazeno z helpu DiskWizardu2003 od Seagate.

137GB Capacity Barrier

The Windows 137GB Capacity Barrier is also known as 48-bit Logical Block
Addressing Support for ATA, Serial ATA or ATAPI disc drives.  The 137GB
limitation does not affect SCSI interface disc drives.

1) Operating System Solutions

The only current Windows operating systems that natively support the full
capacity of drives larger than 137GB are:

Windows XP Home Service Pack 1 (SP1)
Windows XP Professional SP1
Windows 2000 Professional SP3
Windows 2000 Server SP3

2) Chipset Solutions for Windows 98SE, Me, NT4.x, 2000 and XP

Intel 8xx Series Chipsets
Intel offers drivers to support the full capacity of drives larger than 137
GB on motherboards equipped with the Intel 810, 810E, 810E2, 815, 815, 815E,
815EP, 815P, 820, 820E, 830M, 830MP, 830MG, 840, 845, 850, or 860 chipset.
The Intel Application Accelerator v2.3 or above is compatible with Windows
98SE, Me, NT, 2000, and XP operating systems. Detailed information and the
latest version of the driver can be downloaded from
www.intel.com/support/chipsets/iaa/. If you are not sure what kind of
chipset your motherboard has, contact your system or motherboard
manufacturer.

Other Chipsets
Some motherboards and PCI ATA cards equipped with VIA, SiS, ALi, NVIDIA,
HighPoint, and Promise chipsets may have drivers or updates that will allow
you to access the full capacity of a drive larger than 137GB.  You should
contact or visit your chipset, system, or motherboard manufacturer's website
to see if they have information about the 137GB Windows operating system
limitation and drivers available for your operating system.

J. Polivka

Zdravim,
1) stale jeste se setkavam s problemy pri nastavovani master, slave.
Nejsem si ted jisty, ale seagate, kdyz je na ksande sam, tak by mel
byt nastaveny jako Master/Single, ne jako slave. Cable Select moc
nedoporucuji
2)nejsem si ted 100% jisty, ze XP bez SP1 umely 48bit adresaci
3) to, ze bios disk spravne detekuje a napise spravne velikost
neznamena, ze ho podporuje. Omrknete web vyrobce (desky), jestli se
tam nevali novy bios

Marek