Konec SA

Ing. Jan Dvorak, CSc. jan.dvorak
Středa Březen 17 11:52:50 CET 2004

Vypnuti je provedeno na prikaz prezidenta Spojenych statu z
1. kvetna 2000. Zde je uvodni cast v anglictine.

Jan Dvorak

                             THE WHITE HOUSE

                       Office of the Press Secretary

For Immediate Release                        May 1, 2000

                   STATEMENT BY THE PRESIDENT REGARDING
               THE UNITED STATES' DECISION TO STOP
DEGRADING
                    GLOBAL POSITIONING SYSTEM ACCURACY

Today, I am pleased to announce that the United States will
stop the
intentional degradation of the Global Positioning System
(GPS) signals
available to the public beginning at midnight tonight.  We
call this
degradation feature Selective Availability (SA). This will
mean that
civilian users of GPS will be able to pinpoint locations up
to ten times
more accurately than they do now.

jen