praca - otvoreny post v nasej sekcii

Daniel Valuch daniel.valuch@wanadoo.fr
Pondělí Květen 15 11:43:55 CEST 2006

pre informaciu - mame otvoreny post v nasej sekcii, detaily nizsie alebo
na webe https://ert.cern.ch/browse_www/wd_pds?p_web_page_id=4604
b.

  AB-RF-FB-2005-242-LD-D; 304

*Technical Engineer (Electronics) in the Accelerators and Beams
Department (AB), Radio Frequency Group (RF), Feedbacks & Beam Control
Section (FB).*

Publication date: 13.12.05

Programme 		Staff
Staff Category 		Technical Engineers
Number of posts 		1
Job Reference 		AB-RF-FB-2005-242-LD-D

*Professional Code / Code Professionnel*
304
*Career Path / Filière de Carrière*
*English Version*
Voir plus bas pour la version française.
<https://ert.cern.ch/browse_www/wd_pds?p_web_page_id=4604#fr>
*Introduction*

    The Radio Frequency group is responsible for the particle
    accelerating systems and related equipment, based on Radio-Frequency
    (RF) technology, for all the CERN accelerators. Our team designs,
    constructs and operates the RF systems, such as accelerating
    cavities, RF amplifiers and associated electronics.
    Our major current project is the Large Hadron Collider, presently
    being built, but we are also involved in the research and
    development of novel RF systems for future accelerator projects of CERN.

*Functions*

    As a technical engineer in the AB-RF-FB section you will design
    electronic modules for the control and acceleration of the proton
    and ion beams in the CERN accelerator complex. These modules contain
    analogue electronics as well as Field Programmable Gate Arrays
    (FPGA) and DSPs for fast Signal Processing (filtering, phase
    rotation and feedback at high processing rate), for data logging and
    interfacing with the control system (VME).

    In particular, you will:

        * design electronic modules;
        * test prototypes first on a test set-up, then in the machine
          environment and produce test reports;
        * coordinate the series production, collaborating closely with
          colleagues in order to integrate these circuits into the
          overall system;
        * produce and manage the associated technical documentation;
        * participate in the operation, upgrade and maintenance of the
          beam control system of existing machines.

*Qualification requirements*

    Technical engineer diploma in electronics or equivalent.

*Experience and knowledge*

        * Up to five years' experience in digital circuit design and in
          high frequency design.
        * Some experience in the programming/implementation of FPGA and
          DSPs would be an advantage.
        * Good knowledge of analogue electronics as well as of signal
          processing, controls, feedback and simulation tools.
        * Experience in the use of modern test instruments.
        * Good communication skills and demonstrated ability to work as
          a team member.
        * Adaptability to an international and multidisciplinary
          environment.
        * Good knowledge of either English or French; basic knowledge of
          the other language or an undertaking to acquire it rapidly.

*Eligibility conditions*

    In line with our policy of Equal Opportunities, we encourage both
    men and women with relevant qualifications to apply.

    Nationals from all Member States
    <http://humanresources.web.cern.ch/HumanResources/external/recruitment/members.asp>
    may apply.

    This vacancy will be filled as soon as possible, and applications
    should normally reach us no later than 6 weeks from the date of
    publication. Applications will normally remain valid for 12 months.

*Note on Employment Conditions*

        *

          We offer a limited duration contract of three years with the
          possibility of extension.
          CERN's employment contract policy has been revised. The new
          policy will come into force on 1 January 2006. Subject to the
          terms of the new policy and under certain conditions, holders
          of limited duration contracts will subsequently be considered
          for an indefinite contract.

        * These functions require the participation in a regular
          stand-by service, involving duty on call outside normal CERN
          working hours, including nights, weekends and public holidays.
        * This job is also published in career path C with the
          corresponding functions and qualification requirements
          adjusted accordingly.