este na temu C vs. zvysok sveta (Re: B&W svet)

MK info@mcu.cz
Pondělí Březen 6 10:14:39 CET 2006

> Bohuzial, v pripade C ktory je mieneny akysi "medzijazyk" ktory chcel
> spojit citatelnost vyssieho jazyka s efektivnostou asembleru (a ktory
> podla mna spaja necitatelnost(*) asembleru s neefektivnostou vyssieho
> jazyka :-) )  , bol tento nejakym nedopatrenim vyhlaseny za plnohodnotny
> vyssi jazyk; a MK ako 100% pragmatik to preklada do nasho ludskeho
> kazdodenneho jazyka ako "jedina pouzitelna alternativa".

Nebudu se prit, jen bych rad upozornil na klasiky pod carou :)))

S pozdravem
MK
Selecting a Programming Language Made Easy
by  Daniel Solomon & David Rosenblueth

  With such a large selection of programming languages it can be
difficult to choose one for a particular project.  Reading the manuals
to evaluate the languages is a time consuming process.  On the other
hand, most people already have a fairly good idea of how various
automobiles compare.  So in order to assist those trying to choose a
language, we have prepared a chart that matches programming languages
with comparable automobiles.

Assembler       - A formula I race car.  Very fast but difficult to
                  drive and maintain.

FORTRAN II      - A Model T Ford.  Once it was the king of the road.

FORTRAN IV      - A Model A Ford.

FORTRAN 77      - a six-cylinder Ford Fairlane with standard
                  transmission and no seat belts.

COBOL           - A delivery van.  It's bulky and ugly but it does
                  the work.

BASIC           - A second-hand Rambler with a rebuilt engine and
                  patched upholstery.  Your dad bought it for you
                  to learn to drive. You'll ditch it as soon as
                  you can afford a new one.

PL/I            - A Cadillac convertable with automatic transmission,
                  a two-tone paint job, white-wall tires, chrome
                  exhaust pipes, and fuzzy dice hanging in the
                  windshield.

C               - A black Firebird, the all macho car. Comes with
                  optional seatbelt (lint) and optional fuzz buster
                  (escape to assembler).

ALGOL 60        - An Austin Mini. Boy that's a small car.

Pascal          - A Volkswagon Beetle.  It's small but sturdy. Was
                  once popular with intellectual types.

Modula II       - A Volkswagon Rabbit with a trailer hitch.

ALGOL 68        - An Aston Martin.  An impressive car but not just
                  anyone can drive it.

LISP            - An electric car. It's simple but slow. Seat belts
                  are not available.

PROLOG/LUCID    - Prototype concept cars.

Maple/MACSYMA   - All-terrain vehicles.

FORTH           - A go-cart.

LOGO            - A kiddie's replica of a Rolls Royce. Comes with a
                  real engine and a working horn.

APL             - A double-decker bus. It takes rows and columns of
                  passengers to the same place all at the same time
                  but it drives only in reverse and is instrumented
                  in Greek.

Ada             - An army-green Mercedes-Benz staff car. Power
                  steering, power brakes, and automatic transmission
                  are standard. No other colors or options are
                  available.  If it's good enough for generals, it's
                  good enough for you.

Having Choosen you language Just how easy (or Not!!) is it to use??.

TASK :- To Shoot Yourself In The Foot

C:      You shoot yourself in the foot.

C++:    You accidentally create a dozen instances of yourself and shoot
        them all in the foot. Providing emergency medical assistance is
        impossible since you can't tell which are bitwise copies and
        which are just pointing at others and saying, "That's me, over
        there."

FORTRAN: You shoot yourself in each toe, iteratively, until you run out
         of toes, then you read in the next foot and repeat. If you run
         out of bullets, you continue with the attempts to shoot
         yourself anyways because you have no exception-handling
         capability.

Pascal: The compiler won't let you shoot yourself in the foot.

Ada:    After correctly packing your foot, you attempt to concurrently
        load the gun, pull the trigger, scream, and shoot yourself in
        the foot. When you try, however, you discover you can't because
        your foot is of the wrong type.

COBOL:  Using a COLT 45 HANDGUN, AIM gun at LEG.FOOT, THEN place
        ARM.HAND.FINGER on HANDGUN.TRIGGER and SQUEEZE. THEN return
        HANDGUN to HOLSTER. CHECK whether shoelace needs to be re-tied.

LISP:   You shoot yourself in the appendage which holds the gun with
        which you shoot yourself in the appendage which holds the gun
        with which you shoot yourself in the appendage which holds the
        gun with which you shoot yourself in the appendage which holds
        the gun with which you shoot yourself in the appendage which
        holds the gun with which you shoot yourself in the appendage
        which holds...

FORTH:  Foot in yourself shoot.

Prolog: You tell your program that you want to be shot in the foot. The
        program figures out how to do it, but the syntax doesn't permit
        it to explain it to you.

BASIC:  Shoot yourself in the foot with a water pistol. On large
        systems, continue until entire lower body is waterlogged.

Visual Basic: You'll really only _appear_ to have shot yourself in
              the foot, but you'll have had so much fun doing it that
              you won't care.

HyperTalk: Put the first bullet of gun into foot left of leg of you.
           Answer the result.

Motif:  You spend days writing a UIL description of your foot, the
        bullet, its trajectory, and the intricate scrollwork on the
        ivory handles of the gun. When you finally get around to
        pulling the trigger, the gun jams.

APL:    You shoot yourself in the foot, then spend all day figuring
        out how to do it in fewer characters.

SNOBOL: If you succeed, shoot yourself in the left foot. If you fail,
        shoot yourself in the right foot.

Unix:   % ls
        foot.c foot.h foot.o toe.c toe.o
        % rm * .o
        rm:.o no such file or directory
        % ls
        %

Concurrent Euclid: You shoot yourself in somebody else's foot.

370 JCL: You send your foot down to MIS and include a 400-page document
         explaining exactly how you want it to be shot. Three years
         later, your foot comes back deep-fried.

Paradox: Not only can you shoot yourself in the foot, your users
         can, too.

Access: You try to point the gun at your foot, but it shoots holes
        in all your Borland distribution diskettes instead.

Revelation: You're sure you're going to be able to shoot yourself
            in the foot, just as soon as you figure out what all
            these nifty little bullet-thingies are for.

Assembler: You try to shoot yourself in the foot, only to discover
           you must first invent the gun, the bullet, the trigger,
           and your foot.

Modula2: After realizing that you can't actually accomplish anything
         in this language, you shoot yourself in the head.

VMS:
$ MOUNT/DENSITY=.45/LABEL=BULLET/MESSAGE="BYE" BULLET:
   :BULLET$GUN SYS$BULLET
$SET GUN/LOAD/SAFETY=OFF/SIGHT=NONE/HAND=LEFT/CHAMBER=1/ACTION=
  AUTOMATIC/LOG/ALL/FULL SYS$GUN_3$DUA3:Ő000000ĘGUN.GNU
$ SHOOT/LOG/AUTO SYS$GUN SYS$SYSTEM:ŐFOOTĘFOOT.FOOT

%DCL-W-ACTIMAGE, error activating image GUN
-CLI-E-IMGNAME, image file $3$DUA240:ŐGUNĘGUN.EXE;1
-IMGACT-F-NOTNATIVE, image is not an OpenVMS Alpha AXP image
oh well, almost..

FORTH: Foot in yourself shoot.
        self dup >foot shoot