OT: v US neplati ze neznalost zakona neomlouva

Jaroslav Lukesh lukesh@seznam.cz
Úterý Září 14 18:13:00 CEST 2004

Zdravíčko, človíček z jiné konference mě upozornil na toto:

"There's what I call a perverse rule in patent law that says if you are
aware of a patent and then later [are] found to have infringed on it,
the court can punish you for willful infringement by tripling the amount
of damages awarded against you," explained Ravicher. "If you can say you
weren't aware of it, then the court can't claim that you acted willfully
because you didn't have knowledge.

"That's the reason we're not going to tell people what these 283 patents
are," he continued. "If we told people, we'd create exposure, which
we're trying to avoid."

pro některé expandující se to může hodit

--

                        Jaroslav Lukesh
  This e-mail could not contain any viruses because I use Linux